We work with music education partners to deliver Continuing Professional Development supporting the teaching and learning of composing in secondary schools.
Composers, academics and teachers from the Listen Imagine Compose community of practice deliver the CPD across the UK, drawing on the original action research, and incorporating additional ideas and findings from our on-going programme of courses and projects.
Each session is carefully planned to be a mix of practical activities and reflection so that learners can develop new skills and ideas for the classroom whilst having time to think through what works for them and their students.
Examples of sessions include:
• Creative strategies for composing (including starting points, developing musical material)
• Pedagogic strategies for composing (including intentionality, questioning for progress, Bloom’s Taxonomy)
• Getting started at KS3
• Composing and creative ensembles
• Planning a curriculum for progression in composing
• Creating new schemes of work through action research
We can deliver sessions from a 2-hour twilight to a full day of training. Sessions can be stand-alone or can make a series of sessions between which teachers can implement new ideas and share their learning.
Please contact us if you are interested in a CPD collaboration: email@example.com